This panel will explore initiatives launched in the corporate sector, international law enforcement, and state government to use the tools of the legal market to combat trafficking in persons. Two survivors will speak from their experience about what victims need and what can be done to message the stakeholders who impact and are impacted by trafficking. Experts from international finance, the tourism/travel industry, and law enforcement will discuss areas such as government strategy, law enforcement, social and legal services, and national and cross-border partnerships to identify solutions being tested to combat modern-day slavery worldwide.
- Laurel Bellows, President, American Bar Association (USA)
- Jean Baderschneider, President, End Human Trafficking Now; Chair, National Leadership Council, Polaris Project (Switzerland)
- Marilyn Carlson Nelson, Chairman, Carlson (USA)
- Tara Dermott, Head of Development, MTV Exit (Thailand)
- Ima Matul, Child Labor Survivor from the United States; The Coalition to Abolish Slavery & Trafficking (CAST) Survivor Organizer (Indonesia)
- Rachna Ramsurn, Cluster Leader, Internal Communication, Public Communication on Economic & Financial Policy & Research Team, Ministry of Finance & Economic Development (Mauritius)