As technology expands into new fields, people discover innovative ways to access and share information that can improve the standard of living for people all over the world. Technological advances in instant communication and documentation are especially useful in a variety of fields – such as journalism, voter registration and monitoring, and political activism. These advances help to bring important information to wider audiences, while also addressing issues of diplomacy, corruption and human rights.
Panelists will discuss the benefits and complications that accompany technological advances. The panel will also examine the kinds of doors that technology will open next.
- Sam Muller, Founding Director, The Hague Institute for the Internationalisation of Law (Netherlands)
- Jacob Appelbaum, Advocate, Security Researcher, & Developer, the TOR project (USA)
- Rick Falkvinge, Founder & Chief Evangelist, Pirate Party (Sweden)
- Jacques-Philippe Piverger, Co-Founder & CEO, MPOWERD, Inc. (Haiti/USA)
- Katrin Verclas, Co-Founder & Editor, MobileActive.org (Germany)