Mr. Antonio Vitorino
Cuatrecasas, Gonçalves Pereira
Personal: Born in Lisbon, in 1957. Law degree by the University of Lisbon Law School, 1981. Masters Degree in Legal and Political Science, 1986. Married. Two children.
- Member of the Portuguese Bar Association since 1982
- Assistant Professor at the University of Lisbon Law School since 1982
- Invited Professor at the Portuguese Catholic University since 2007
- Invited Professor at the Universidade Nova de Lisboa Law School since 2008
- Member of Parliament from 1980 until 2006. Secretary of State for Parliamentary Affairs (1983-1985)
- Secretary of State of the Government of Macau (1986-1987)
- Judge of the Portuguese Constitutional Court (1989-1994)
- Member of the European Parliament (1994-1995)
- Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Defense (1995-1997)
- European Commissioner for Justice and Home Affairs (1999-2004)
- Vice-President of Portugal Telecom International (1998-1999)
- Chairman of the Board of the Shareholders General Meeting of Banco Santander Portugal (1998-1999)
- Chairman of the Board at Banco Santander Totta since 2005
- Non-Executive Director of Siemens Portugal
- Chairman of the Board of Areas Portugal
- Chairman of the Board of the Shareholders General Meeting of Finpro SGPS,SA
- Chairman of the Board of the Shareholders General Meeting of Brisa Auto Estradas de Portugal, S.A.
- Chairman of the Board of the Shareholders General Meeting of Novabase SGPS, S.A
- Partner of Cuatrecasas Gonçalves Pereira since December 2005
Specialization: Specialist in European, Corporate Law and Public Law.
Publications: Author of several works on Constitutional law, Political Science, European Community Law, both in Portugal and abroad. Member of the Drafting Committee of the Portuguese White Book on Corporate Governance